There are different techniques for holstering a gun. Cross drawing is one of them. It is a technique that is known to favor your dominant hand. So to execute the technique properly, you need the best crossdraw holster that is available for you.
The different types of crossdraw holsters that are available are not specified traditionally. They are normally the different models that different manufacturers provide. All of them have features that are unique to them. However, there are a few specific things to look out for when buying a crossdraw holster.
What to look for in crossdraw holsters
- Durability – leather should be the main medium used to make the holster. It ensures durability and looks good too. leather is a very sturdy material which means that it is also easy to maintain. Wear and tear is something you don’t ned to worry about.
- Affordability – Gun holsters can be very expensive since gun owners have decreased in recent times. However, there are still many manufacturers who provide good quality crossdraw holsters at very affordable prices. So it is always better to check the market before finalizing the product.
- For both revolver and pistol – revolvers and pistols come in different shapes and sizes. And it can so happen that you own both of them. So getting a single crossdraw holster for both is a better idea. Normally these holsters are adjustable. This is both economical and convenient.
- Secure attachment – the attachment that comes with the holster should be secure. While carrying any firearm, security is of utmost importance. It is always crucial to make sure that the gun is positioned safely. Which entitles the safety of the user and also the people around that person. It also ensures that it cannot be snatched from the user against their will.
- Quickdraw – In case of any emergency the holster should ensure that the gun can be drawn as fast as possible. A little bit of delay can cause severe harm to the user. So making sure that this feature works perfectly is very important.
- Hanging style – the crossdraw holster comes in a lot of variations. It can hang low or be tight and positioned a bit upwards. Now it is up to you to choose the perfect one for you. Generally, the upwards positioned holster is preferred so that the firearm does not move much while walking or sitting. However, it is up to you which one you would choose.
- Design – Since the dawn of holsters, various designs and styles are very common in the industry. It can come with very simple and plain designs or with intricate professional work, making it easier for you to choose.
Cross draw is a method, which can be a little tough at the beginning. However, once you use it, nothing will be as good as it. It will be the only method you use. This is a method used by many veterans for this reason.